Node.js was intended to build websites with the Express framework. Express.js is a pretty lightweight framework, and it is able to coat in built-in structure and functions required to build a site. Express and node together are changing the way developers build websites. Following are some basics about Express.js framework:
- It is a server-side web and mobile application framework
- Express.js builds single page, multiple page, and hybrid mobile and web apps
- Express.js builds common back-end functions for web applications
- Experss.js builds APIs (Application Programming Interfaces)
- Express.js comes with two templating engines namely, Jade and EJS, which handle the flow of data into a website structure
- It supports the Model-View-Controller architecture, a very helpful way to create websites in a model-driven format.
- Express.js format is Node.js.
- It is not limited to one Operating System (OS), because it’s cross-platform
- The Express Generator lets users create complex applications quickly
Express.js is the most popular Node.js web application framework that is used today. Express.js is quick, not opinionated, and minimalist web framework for node. Express.js provides a wide range of functions for building single-page, multiple-page, and hybrid web apps. Development of websites and apps have become simple with Express.js framework.
Express has made the process natural and intuitive. Express-generator makes use of Pug (that is originally known as ‘Jade’) template engine by default, and other options like Mustache and EJS also work with Express flawlessly. Express does not consider database integration as a needed aspect within its package, thus it leans toward no specific database usage of any kind.
Sails.js (another framework) shares many similarities with Express. Project generator, middleware, and templating engine are the things what Sails.js is. It is in fact built on top of Express.js for some higher level functionalities to speed up development. Sails.js focuses on the server side logic, it is production ready, and it provides a faster developing pace than Express.
Strong routing, focus on high performance, super-high test coverage, HTTP helpers (redirection, catching etc.), view system supporting 14+ template engines, content negotiation, and executable for generating applications quickly are features of Express.js.
No doubt, Express.js is a very popular framework that allows programmers to manage everything, from routes to handling requests and views. There are modules (most notably connect-redis) that work with Express.js.
Express.js is an actual standard server framework for node.js. Several popular Node.js frameworks are built on Express. Why is there a need for Express.js? Express adds dead simple routing and support for connect (a middleware layer for Node.js), allowing many extensions and useful features.
Express.js is cross-platform, and the Express Generator allows users to create complex applications quickly. Express is a fast, not opinionated, and minimalist framework for node.
- robust routing,
- super-high test coverage,
- HTTP helpers, and
- content negotiation.
Kelly Dillon is a programmer. He has experience of 5 years in Programming, and he has command over various programming languages. He often writes articles on Programming, he also provide homework writing service to his students. He works in software house where he creates multiple software on Programs. For more you call follow him on Facebook and Twitter.